Overview of integrated marketing
Integrated marketing provides a framework for telling the UC Davis story in a coherent, compelling, genuine way that creates heightened awareness and appreciation of the university among our audiences. It also helps all UC Davis communicators—no matter their college, school or unit—to tell their stories and present their messages within the larger UC Davis story. Multiple studies of UC Davis audiences have shown that coherence in communications will yield the benefits that result from building a stronger brand.
The concept of integrated marketing itself has gained momentum as the traditional forms of communication have exploded into many new channels beyond newsletters, advertising and direct mail. New communications media provide a bewildering choice but offer the promise of better-targeted and more effective outreach.
Integrated marketing strategically uses consistent visual representation and messages to present UC Davis in a powerful, meaningful and coordinated way to the world. Used properly, integrated marketing strategies build the image of UC Davis, help the university engage in conversations with important audiences, and assist the colleges, schools and units to achieve their objectives.
Integrated marketing at UC Davis
As the university has identified and adopted a new brand platform and established integrated marketing parameters, various colleges, schools and units have been at the forefront of shaping and adopting the following standards.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of UC Davis communications efforts
- Raise the prestige of UC Davis and increase its recognition
- Provide a means for colleges, schools and units to most effectively leverage the UC Davis brand
- Differentiate UC Davis from other universities in a way that encourages people to act: by donating time and money, applying for admission or a UC Davis job, or engaging in another way
- Inspire pride and engagement in UC Davis alumni, faculty, students, staff and community members